As the summer season is here, the most common problem people with dry skin usually face is dryness and dehydration. If you have dry skin, you know that feeling of itchiness and flakiness on the face all the time, especially after washing the face. And the main reason behind is dehydration. As temperature changes, our skin loses moisture and natural oils, making our skin look dull and dry. Using a multitude of synthetic cosmetics also contribute to skin dryness.
So here are a few amazing and highly effective DIY natural skincare routines and some dry skin remedies that you can easily follow at home to save you from dry skin during summers.
5-step DIY natural skincare routine for your dehydrated skin
1) Use a good hydrating cleanser
The first thing that you should do to restore skin moisture is to cleanse your skin regularly with a natural and organic hydrating cleanser. You can use Rose Water or organic Aloe Vera gel for this. Cleansing hydrates the skin and makes it soft. It also removes impurities and lets the pores breathe. Consumer reviews indicate that Indus Valley Bio-Organic Aloe Vera Gel is the purest organic Aloe Vera gel currently available in the market. Free from harmful chemicals, it restores moisture and glow like no other. Just wet your face and apply the gel for 10 minutes. Gently massage and wash with normal water.
2) Use a natural face mask instead of normal face wash
Natural and organic face masks work better than face wash. Soaps generally contain harmful chemicals, which lower the pH balance of facial skin making it drier. Two face masks are best known for dry-skin care routine come as highly recommended:
- Multani Mitti face pack: Multani Mitti acts as an excellent moisturiser for dry skin. It not only calms the skin but also relieves suntan and prevents acne. Take 1 to 2 tbsp of natural Multani Mitti powder. Add little curd, lemon drops, and some Rose Water in it and apply it on your face. Keep it for 15-20 minutes. Wash with water and see the change within a week.
- Kaolin Clay powder face pack: Kaolin Clay is an excellent skin exfoliator for both dry and sensitive skin. It purifies the skin by removing excess oil and impurities. This not just prevents acne but also soothes irritable skin. To make a Kaolin Clay face mask, take some Kaolin Clay and mix it up with 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar and any essential oil. Apply and keep it on your face for 15 minutes. Then wash with normal water for a smooth and flawless skin.
3) Use a good moisturizing facial oil or lotion
Natural essential oils are great for dry skin as they help to restore moisture. You can use coconut/argan or jojoba oil as a facial oil to apply after bath daily. Enriched with nutrients and vitamins, they will leave your skin soft and hydrated. You can also use them as bath oil by adding a few drops in water.
4) Protect your skin with natural sunscreen
Sunscreen is as much necessary as any good moisturising lotion or face pack to prevent your skin from harmful UV rays and pollution. It acts as a shield for your skin preventing it from losing moisture. You can use any natural and organic sunscreen formulated with SPF 30. Check that it contains no harmful chemicals.
5) Use an overnight mask
Your body’s natural cells’ regeneration time is overnight. And to utilise it, you must use an overnight mask, especially if you have dry skin. You can use any good Avocado or Honey based overnight mask and apply it before going to bed daily. The overnight mask will not only plump up your skin but will also reduce acne and ageing signs.
Apart from this 5-step natural skincare routine, you can also follow these dry skin remedies daily to get healthy and glowing skin:
- Drink plenty of water every day (10-15 litres)
- Avoid hot water for bath as it dehydrates your skin
- Include juice or coconut water in your diet
- Use a face mist or wet wipes to clean your face before stepping out
So that’s about all for a potent DIY natural skincare routine and dry skin remedies. Try these at home regularly and share your experiences with us as comments below.