Netgear Nighthawk routers are superb WiFi devices that let you connect to a high-speed internet connection even in the dead zones of your home. With their amazing features, Netgear routers are ruling the internet world. These features has put the Netgear router in the lis of the topmost WiFi devices. One such feature is Netgear Smart Connect. If you have performed Netgear Nighthawk setup and your router supports the Smart Connect feature, then this article is for you. Here, we will reveal what Netgear Smart Connect is and how to enable it on your Nighthawk router. Continue reading.
What is Netgear Smart Connect?
The Netgear Smart Connect feature allows you to maximize the Nighthawk router’s performance by balancing the 5GHz WiFi connection. It splits the 5GHz band into two separate radio bands. Consequently, your Netgear router connects to the frequency band with the strongest WiFi signal and delivers its best.
To make the Netgear Smart Connect feature effective, the primary requirement is that both 5GHz radio bands must have the same network name (SSID) and the network key (password). Now, let’s discuss the steps to enable the Smart Connect feature on your Netgear Nighthawk router.
Steps to Enable Netgear Smart Connect
Power On Your Nighthawk Router
- Let’s begin with plugging your Netgear Nighthawk router into a wall socket.
- Switch on the Power button.
- Wait for the LED light on the Nighthawk router to glow green.
Connect Router to the Modem
- Once the power LED on your Netgear Nighthawk router stabilizes, connect the router to the modem.
- You can connect both devices either wirelessly or using an Ethernet cable.
Access the Netgear Router Login Page
- After establishing a connection between your Nighthawk router and the modem, the next step is to perform Netgear router login.
- Switch on your PC.
- Open an internet browser like Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
- Go to the address bar.
- Type www.routerlogin.net in it.
- Press the Enter key.
- The Netgear router login page will appear.
Log in to Your Nighthawk Router
- Enter the default username and password of the Netgear Nighthawk router into the required fields.
- Click the Log In button.
- You will get redirected to the Basic Home screen.
Enable Netgear Smart Connect
- Click the Wireless option.
- The Wireless Settings page will be displayed.
- Select the Smart Connect-One Wireless Network Name (SSID) for both 5GHz radios.
- Click the Apply button and let the changes be effective.
With the help of the aforementioned instructions, you’ll be able to configure the Smart Connect feature on your Netgear Nighthawk router. Just in case, you come across any issue while doing so, refer to the below-mentioned troubleshooting tips:
Solved: Can’t Enable Netgear Smart Connect on Router
- Consider rebooting your Netgear Nighthawk router if the power LED doesn’t stabilize.
- Ensure that the wall socket into which you’ve plugged your router is working . If it is damaged, plug your Nighthawk router into another wall socket.
- Make sure that the Ethernet cable you’ve used to connect the Nighthawk router and the modem is free from wear and tear.
- Verify that you have entered the default web address of the router in the address bar of the web browser instead of the search bar.
- The web browser that you are using to enable the Smart Connect feature on your Netgear WiFi router should be updated. The web browser should also be free of cache, cookies, and browsing history.
- Enter the correct default username and password of the Nighthawk router into their respective fields. Remember that the routerlogin details are case-sensitive.
- Avoid refreshing the web browser while enabling the Netgear Smart Connect feature.
This was all about the Netgear Smart Connect feature and its configuration on the Nighthawk router. Let’s hope that you’ll be able to maximize your router’s performance by enabling this feature.