The world is becoming more and more visual. Social media channels such as Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube are now the top 3 most-used social media sites globally. This means that people want to see videos of their favorite brands or products rather than just pictures or text posts.
If you are looking for a way to increase engagement with your followers on these platforms, then video production might be the right solution for you. This blog post will give an overview of what social media video production entails, how it can help your business grow, and some tips on creating engaging content that gets your audience excited about your brand.
What actually is social media video production?
Social media video production is a way of generating and distributing content to social media. There are three main types of social videos: broadcast, scripted, and unscripted. An excellent example of a broadcast video is creating an Instagram Story.
Scripted videos involve someone running through a script, which can be done with or without actors. For example, a company might produce a commercial or an explainer video.
Unscripted videos are the most common social media video and can be anything from a vlog to a live stream. They tend to be more casual and less polished than scripted videos, but that’s what makes them so engaging.
The benefits of creating a social media video
Creating social media videos comes with a lot of benefits. The more engaging your video, the better it will perform on social media, so you should aim for high levels of viewer engagement when creating content.
The main benefit is that your organic reach can be increased exponentially, which means lots more people can see your brand’s message. Additionally, social videos have been shown to generate more leads and sales than traditional marketing methods, so they’re a great way to boost your business.
How to create an engaging social video?
With social media, there are a lot of distractions, and you need to capture your viewer’s attention within the first few seconds, or they might lose interest. There are three main ways in which you can create engaging videos:
- Keep it short — Your video should be no more than two minutes long, so keep this in mind when scripting or filming.
- Make it enjoyable — Viewers are more likely to stick around if your video is exciting and has a good story. Try to avoid bogging down your video with too much text or dry information.
- Include visuals — The best way to capture someone’s attention is by using strong visuals. This could be anything from a flashy intro to an exciting location.
Of course, there are other ways to make your videos more engaging, but following these three tips will help you get started.
Depending on what purpose and the outcome you’re hoping to achieve, a social media video can vary significantly in its scope and execution. It could be as simple as shooting footage on your phone of an event or product launch, or it could involve more planning, crew, and equipment for a larger-scale project.
Regardless of the case, always remember to keep your viewer in mind and make sure the video accomplishes what you want it to.
Common mistakes to avoid when creating a social media video
Just like with any other type of content, there are a few things to avoid when creating videos for social media:
- Poor quality — This is one of the quickest ways to turn off viewers. Make sure your video is filmed and edited in high-quality.
- Boring or irrelevant content — If your video doesn’t capture attention within the first few seconds, viewers will scroll past it. Make sure you’re creating videos that your audience wants and finds attractive.
- Too much information — You need to balance being informative and entertaining when making social media videos. If your video is too long or full of text, people aren’t going to watch it.
- Too many ads — Nothing is more annoying than a social media video that has been crammed with as many ads as they can fit in 15 seconds. If you have an ad, make sure it doesn’t interrupt the viewer from your message or content.
While you can easily avoid these mistakes, it’s important to keep them in mind when creating your videos. By following the right tips and avoiding common pitfalls, you can create social media videos that engage and entertain viewers.
Now that you know what social media video production is and the benefits of creating engaging videos, it’s time to start filming! Remember to keep your videos short, interesting, and include visuals for the best results.