Shopping for engagement rings can get very overwhelming. With so many designs and options in the market and upcoming trends every few months, it can be a tough choice. Also, you need to consider your budget. Keeping all these in mind, we have come up with 5 very important and useful tips to help you buy the perfect ring for your big day. Engagement rings are meant to last a lifetime and as a symbol of your love, they simply have to be the right one. Here’s how you can land the best ring for you.
Get measured correctly
The first step is to get measured correctly and multiple times. We are likely to put on or lose weight before many times in a month. So make sure you get measured correctly at the jeweller’s store before you start looking for designs. If the jeweller has your correct measurement then it gets easy for them suggest designs and work on any additions, etc.
Know the 4C’s
When it comes to selecting any diamond jewellery, the 4C’s are what you need to know as the basic prerequisite.
- Cut: Diamonds are available in various cuts such as princess cut, emerald cut, cushion cut, rectangular cut, etc. It defines the edges and shape of the diamond.
- Colour: Diamond are not just plain transparent. They come in a wide variety of colours such as red, pink, blue, green, brown, yellow, black, violet, etc.
- Clarity: Diamonds often have internal flaws, blemishes and impurities that can be checked only under a magnifying device.
- Carat: Diamonds are measured in carats. It is the measure of their physical weight.
- Select the diamond shape that suits your finger
There are many shapes in diamonds but not all are suitable for everyone. A ring looks better on a finger if the diamond shape suits the finger. There are long, stubby, thin, fat, short, all kinds of fingers. Although a round cut looks best on most fingers, here are a few more types that you can select according to your finger size and shape:
- Oval and pear-shaped diamonds look good on chubby fingers.
- Rectangular diamonds flatter long and slender fingers.
- If you have smaller and delicate fingers then choosing a delicate diamond is a good idea. It won’t overwhelm the look of the hand and enhance the fragility of the fingers.
- Check the certification
Always check the grading and certification of the stones if you choose a studded ring. Make sure the certificate matches the diamond or any other stone mentioned. Read it well and then make the decision. If you visit the jewellersinHatton garden engagement ring, then you don’t have to worry about the purity. All stores there are absolutely reliable and the heart of London’s jewellery shopping.
Negotiate the price
Everyone knows that engagement ring London can be well overpriced. You don’t have to agree to any price that is thrown at you at the first instance. Do your research and only go to reliable stores that will help you select well within your budget. Know the ongoing jewelry rates for stones and metals in the market. Don’t forget to inquire about any seasonal discounts or ongoing offers.
It is easier if you’re buying the ring for yourself, but if you’re buying it for your partner, then one more thing to consider is their personality. Make sure you get something that is according to their likes rather than what you think is pretty. The rest of the tips remain pretty much the same. All the best for your shopping.