Last Updated on March 4, 2023 by ahmadaftab
Pimples is a spots or pustules that can appear on your face or your body as well. It appears when oil glands become clogged and makes them swell, red, and filled with pus. Excessive oil comes on the face or body, and dead cells clog the pores. It can cause irritation, pain, and bleeding as well. It directly has not any links towards age but puberty time, observed to be more prone to acne and pimples. It can happen to men, women, and children equally. Yes, these are not permanent conditions and can be treated with medicines and home remedies.
Before going towards treatment, it’s important to know the types of pimples and acne one can develop.
Blackheads are often assumed to be caused by some dirty environment. However, it is a type of pimple caused by the oxidation of melanin. It is black & brown in color and makes their appearance on the skin as well. They are also called open comedo and usually misinterpret their cause.
These mostly remain on the skin and fresh spots. It doesn’t cause pain or scarring. It is called close comedo as well because it is closed in the skin. It is mostly not noticed by the person.
These are filled with pus and very painful as well. It usually leaves its mark on the skin.
These kinds of pimples have a reddish base, and, at top, it, is filled with pus.
After knowing the types of pimples, we can diagnose the kind of acne we have. After that, we need to know about the causes of it. This will eventually help us to cure and treat our acne. There are some causes we will be discussing.
There are no research proof for the solid relationship between genetics and acne. Thus, family history may or may not matter in it. It is mostly observed that people consider it to be related to their maternal or paternal side. However, it is not accepted by any research. One can be acne prone because of genes, but it cannot be the only reason for it.
Hormones are considered the biggest reason for acne. That’s why teenagers in them puberty is the biggest target of it. It happens when hormonal levels are disturbed. For instance, levels of estrogen, testosterone, and progesterone. This can cause the pimple to pop out. You can consult with an endocrinologist on the subject of irregular hormonal changes in the body.
There are certain medical situations one can face, especially among women. Menstruation, pregnancy, and menopause are of its some examples. These can cause a great imbalance in hormones in a body and can have acne break out. During these conditions, the production of sebum increases in the body. It is a waxy and oily substance that clogs the pores. However, these don’t need any special treatment, and it dissolves on their own.
Food can be the reason for pimples as well. But it cannot be the only reason for it. Some foods are considered the cause of acne. However, these are not proven by doctors but are suggested to avoid.
- Skim milk
During stress, there are certain kinds of hormones produced in the human body. For instance, cortisol and androgens are stress hormones. These also increase oil production in the body, which ultimately causes acne. And during acne even, the stress events can make it worse.
The bacteria causing acne is Cutibactrium acnes. They live on the skin all the time on both clear and acne-prone skin. Some key causes can trigger it and cause acne. The growth of sebum causes propionibacterium acnes ultimately blocks the pores.
Dermatologists can prescribe such medicines to treat acne:
- Topical retinoid and antibiotics
- Azelaic acid
- Antibiotic tablets
- Combined oral contraceptive pill
Home remedies for treating Pimples:
It is a natural antibacterial ingredient for the skin. Anyone with acne-prone skin can also apply it directly on their skin.
It reduces sebum production and inflammation on the skin. It has the natural production of antioxidants called Catechins. It is quite beneficial for acne skin.
Zinc has anti-inflammatory properties and helps in reducing acne on the skin. One can take supplements as well and can apply them on the skin too.
Honey has antioxidants that help to clear the acne outbreak on the skin.
Tea tree oil
It is used to treat bacteria on the skin. One can directly apply its lotions and serums on the skin.
It is affordable and easy to use. It helps to improve the appearance of acne scars on the skin. It should be used under dermatologist guidance.
Exfoliation can help prevent acne. It is suggested to exfoliate the skin twice a week.
Lifestyle change can help prevent pimples. Avoiding harmful foods, stress, bacterial production, and exercise can help in a better lifestyle.
For the treatment of pimples and acne, you can consult the best dermatologist in Lahore through Marham. pk.
Pimples are a common skin problem that affects people of all ages. They occur when hair follicles become clogged with oil, dirt, and dead skin cells, leading to the development of red, swollen bumps on the skin. While pimples are not usually a serious health concern, they can be unsightly and uncomfortable. Fortunately, there are many remedies that can help treat pimples and improve the appearance of the skin.
- Cleanse the Skin: One of the most effective ways to treat pimples is to keep the skin clean. Use a gentle cleanser to remove oil and dirt from the skin twice daily.
- Use Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the appearance of pimples. Apply a small amount of tea tree oil to the affected area using a cotton swab.
- Apply Aloe Vera: Aloe vera has soothing and anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the redness and swelling associated with pimples. Apply a small amount of aloe vera gel to the affected area.
- Apply Honey: Honey has antibacterial properties that can help kill the bacteria that cause pimples. Apply a small amount of honey to the affected area and leave it on for 10-15 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
- Use Lemon Juice: Lemon juice has astringent properties that can help reduce the appearance of pimples. Apply a small amount of lemon juice to the affected area using a cotton swab.
- Apply a Warm Compress: A warm compress can help reduce the inflammation and pain associated with pimples. Soak a clean cloth in warm water and apply it to the affected area for 10-15 minutes.
- Avoid Touching the Face: Touching the face can transfer bacteria and oil from the hands to the skin, worsening pimples. Avoid touching the face and wash your hands frequently.
- Maintain a Healthy Diet: A diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains can help improve the skin’s health and reduce the appearance of pimples.
Apart from that if you want to know about Non-Surgical Treatments for Back Pain, then please visit our Health page