Last Updated on November 24, 2023 by Asfa Rasheed
A hot-fixer is a device that adheres hotfix rhinestones to fabrics and other surfaces using heat. How to use rhinestone appliques? We will provide an answer to this question in this post.When employing hotfix rhinestones, heat must be applied to the rhinestone using an iron or heating tool in order for the adhesive to activate and attach to the proper surface.
You’ll need the following things for using a Rhinestone Applique:
– a source of heat. Household iron is effective (dry heat only)
– tweezers, if needed, to adjust stone in the design
– to be embellished clothing – rhinestone applique (hotfix)
– a heat-resistant, hard surface
Table of Contents
Applique with Rhinestones: How to Do It
1. Place the to-be-decorated clothing on a firm, heat-resistant surface (avoid padded ironing board).
2. Preheat the iron to the highest setting for your ironing clothing.
Steam should not be used.
3. Remove the bottom white protector sheet, but maintain the design adhered to the clear film.
4. Using tweezers, realign any stones that have been misplaced.
5. Applique placement region on the garment made of iron.
6. Place the pattern on the garment’s decorating area, allowing the sticky side to stick to the object.
You can delete and change the design as needed until you’re satisfied with its location.
7. Place a cotton cloth over the cellophane if you’re concerned about hurting the clothing fabric. Ensure that the fabric of the clothing is heat resistant.
8. Apply iron to the cellophane side of the pattern, holding it stationary (without moving) for around 25 seconds until the glue melts. When the adhesive melts, the cellophane will begin to curl.
9. Leave the pattern to cool completely before removing the cellophane sheet gently.
10. Double-check that each stone is securely in place. If not, go back to steps 8-9.
With a hotfix design, you’ll need to take special care of your outfit. Dry cleaning should be avoided.
- E6000 Glue is the best glue for rhinestones on fabric. This is the adhesive that the majority of customers use.
- Fabri-Fuse E6000 This glue is made by the same manufacturer as conventional E6000 glue, but it is developed specifically for attaching cloth and is washable after three days.
- Gem-Tac Beacon
Patches or appliques may be ironed on anything that can be ironed, including shirts, jeans, caps, slacks, skirts, backpacks, and bags. Patches are washable and firmly adhered to the textiles once applied.
Apply clear nail polish over the rhinestones (the topcoat works best), and the rhinestones will not fall off!
When it comes to rhinestones, never use superglue! Because superglue dries like glass when the link is broken, it shatters like glass. Glass crystal and glass rhinestones and gemstones work well with E6000 or any other type of epoxy.
We have answered the question, so many of you were asking about how to use rhinestones appliques? You have to follow the steps we have told you above, and the work will be done.