Last Updated on August 17, 2023 by asifa
Living in a big city like Bangkok—while it has many advantages—can be a nuisance at times. For example: being such a bustling metropolis can get rather noisy, particularly if you live in an especially busy area. So, what can you do to ensure that you sleep soundly, every night? Here are some helpful tips to make sure you catch plenty of Z’s!
Table of Contents
Pick the right property
This should go without saying, but picking the right property is key to ensuring that you sleep soundly in a bustling metropolis like Bangkok. Don’t just rush into the first property that ticks a few of your boxes! Make sure it’s perfect. Look for things like:
- Picking a finished property development: the last thing you want to do is move into a condo with neighbouring units that are still under construction.
- Explore the local area: make sure there are no other developments under construction and that it’s fairly quiet at night time.
- Do evening viewings: the later you can view a property, the better. That way you can get a pretty good look at whether your neighbours are especially noisy at night time.
- Opt for a top floor room if you can: if there’s no one living above you it’s always a bonus.
- Be mindful of wood floors: old apartments with wooden floors as opposed to carpet and tile could mean that you’ll hear noise coming from other neighbouring apartments, above and beside.
Provided you are careful and observant; you shouldn’t have too much trouble finding a suitable property. A quality development such as the Mandarin Oriental Bangkok will serve you well.
Get plenty of exercises
You should be getting a minimum of 30-minutes of exercise a day. If you have trouble sleeping, this could be a huge contributing factor. When you exercise regularly and tire yourself out during the day, you’ll have a much easier time of getting to sleep and staying that way until morning.
Get into a regular sleeping habit
It’s important that you allow your body the opportunity to get into a healthy routine. Just as diet and exercise are critical, going to bed at a similar time every night will help you sleep soundly.
White noise can help you sleep
This is particularly handy if you live somewhere hot like Thailand: having white noise helps you sleep. It might be unusual at first, but if you sleep with a fan or the air conditioning on, it can help drown out much of the outside noise, while keeping your room at a comfortable temperature.
Invest in a better mattress and quality pillows
Making your sleeping area a cosy paradise is helpful if you wish to enjoy a better night’s sleep. Sometimes, simply being comfortable can help you drift off in spite of any noise pollution coming from outside.
Keep your home clean and tidy
Living in a clean home free of dust and mould is just as important as keeping it free of clutter. This will invariably reduce your anxiety and help you sleep better.