Last Updated on March 6, 2023 by ahmadaftab
It would be fun and creative to design your own custom made dress shirts. However, you can also take a help of a professional printer to design and print a pattern on your shirt. There are so many ways to design a shirt at a very low cost easily. The first thing to do is plan the design you want to print on your shirt.
Table of Contents
Choosing to print on the shirt
You can choose anything you like, for example, advertising some company, printing your favorite celebrity picture, your favorite sports team, rock band, lyrics or music, or anything you like. However, for data mining the design, you need to first focus on the logo because it is effective and plays a very crucial role.
Delivering personal illustration
There are so many options, just as delivering a personal illustration and making drawings patterns on the shirt. You can also deliver messages and build original illustrations while creating designs.
The next thing to be focused on is choosing the right color scheme while designing a shirt. The color contrast should be accurate elegant, and attractive. To get a vibrant look, you can use ink color. You can either use a lighter or darker shirt while printing, which depends on you.
What are the things you should avoid doing?
Try to avoid colors like yellow, light pink, and light blue because it doesn’t look nice first in case you want to use pastel color, then go for some Prince and borderlines to make it attractive. You can keep it flat in certain areas by adding dimensions to the design.
There is so much software available that will help you to guide how to make your first shot. They deliver a standardized image that will transform your illusion into reality. You can also resize the photo by using a vector outline on the tool for designing your first shirt.
Capture small elements while creating a shirt.
You need to capture small elements like stars, animals, and any other graphics to balance design while designing a shirt. An accurate placement should be determined well for designing a shirt because it will look effective, and you can also use a slogan. When you complete a design, then mock-up to get the right color combination and contrast. It will become easier for you to make a digital image first and then turn it into reality.
Using filters and adding lines
You can use filters, contrast saturation, add lines for using splatter effects, forgetting a dynamic look. If you don’t have some design in your mind, you can also take the help of computer software that offers great quality compared with paper sketches. You can complement the design by adding text by choosing and creating color combinations.
You can make a sample and try to learn how a shirt is made using bleach and a printing machine. Create patterns and graphics on a plain shirt because it will easily absorb printing design and ink as compared with any other color choice for printing shirts.
Creating a prototype first for creating a shirt
It is also beneficial and easy for you to create a prototype while creating your first shirt with the best quality and print. If you have a small-scale operation, then go for ironing designs. If you want to do screen printing, there are certain equipment and supplies you will require.
Things required as
You need a plain shirt, a 50 ml bottle, a large brush, a hairdryer, a printing screen, printing ink, a coating tray, and a wooden stick. Prepare the printing screen so that you can begin the process of printing a shirt at your home it would be better if you took guidance from professionals so that they will guide you in making a shirt with a specific fit and appearance.
Doing beach painting
You can also do bleach painting on your designs but make sure you are safely doing bleach. When you are done with your process, then let your shirt set for around one hour in the sun so that the bleaching process will be done accurately.
You have to keep in mind some important things while designing a shirt, for example, size placement, choosing font typography, composition, image quality, colors, design, contrast inversion, complexity, borders edges, etc. In addition, it is quite challenging to create a shirt at home because of the supplies and equipment which you will require while printing one.
Do’s and don’ts
There are several common mistakes that an individual will make while creating the first shirt. A reason you need to avoid them to get a successful creation of a shirt at home. For this, first, create a sample and let it dry completely in sunlight.
You need to use high-quality ink and fabric; otherwise, and all your efforts will fade away when the ink comes in contact with sunlight. It is also beneficial for you to create the right pattern without any mistakes. You can also use software and tools to get a complete guide for creating a design and logo on your shirt.
Designing a shirt like a professional requires careful consideration of the design, fabric, and production process. Here are some ways to design a shirt like a pro:
- Determine the Purpose of the Shirt: Before designing a shirt, it is important to determine its purpose. Will it be a casual or formal shirt? What will be the target audience? By answering these questions, it will be easier to create a design that appeals to the intended audience.
- Choose the Right Fabric: Choosing the right fabric is essential to create a comfortable and durable shirt. Consider the weight, texture, and breathability of the fabric. Cotton, linen, and silk are popular choices for shirts.
- Create a Sketch: Before moving on to the production process, sketch the design. This will help visualize the final product and identify any potential design flaws.
- Choose the Right Printing Technique: When designing a shirt, choosing the right printing technique is important to achieve the desired outcome. Some popular techniques include screen printing, digital printing, and sublimation printing.
- Pay Attention to Detail: Details such as buttons, collars, and cuffs can make a big difference in the overall design of the shirt. Pay attention to the details and choose materials that complement the fabric and design.
- Consider Sustainability: Sustainability is an important factor in the production of clothing. Consider using eco-friendly materials and production methods to create a shirt that is not only stylish but also environmentally friendly.
- Work with a Professional: Working with a professional designer or manufacturer can help ensure that the shirt is designed and produced to professional standards. They can provide expert advice on design, fabric, and production methods to create a high-quality product.
Read more interesting articles at Digestley.