Last Updated on March 7, 2023 by ahmadaftab
Chromebooks are laptops, detachable, and tablets powered by Chrome OS: an operating system that starts in seconds, stays fast throughout the day, and won’t slow down over time.Most importantly, Chromebooks have built-in security features that protect you against viruses and malware. So you can rest assured that your device — and all your stuff — is always safe.
Chromebooks are designed to be simple and lightweight and get updates directly from Google. That means you always have the latest features and security protections for your device – and because Chromebooks update automatically, you’ll never have to worry about installing another software update again.
Macbook is a brand of laptop computers manufactured by Apple Inc. These laptops are known for their sleek designs, powerful processors, and clear displays. Macbooks are also popular for their user-friendly operating system, macOS. Some of the most popular models of Macbooks include the MacBook Air and the MacBook Pro.
In this article, we will look at how Chromebook is better for students than Macbooks.
1. Chromebooks are specifically designed for education, with features like built-in virus protection and easy-to-use management tools. They easily connect to the internet, and most of the tools are available. There are many customizations available as per the requirement. Whereas MAC is more for professional and office use.
2. Chromebooks are more affordable than Macbooks, making them a great option for schools with limited budgets. Multiple manufacturers are offering Chromebooks. Whereas Macbooks have fewer versions, the cheapest one costs $800+. This is a huge amount for students to bear for their studies.
3. They have a longer battery life than Macbooks, so students can use them longer without worrying about recharging. It is not possible for young guys to get a charging facility available near school tables. That is why long battery life is a necessity.
4. Chromebooks are lighter and more portable than Macbooks, making them ideal for students carrying their laptops to and from school. They fit in different bag sizes also.
5. Students can also play games on it; there are many free supporting tools, like an auto clicker for school Chromebooks. Whereas on MAC, most of the apps are paid, and students may be unable to afford them. This is a very big reason primary school students love to use Chromebooks and prefer them over windows of iOS-based machines.
6. It is easy to connect with smart devices, and Chromebooks are more flexible than Macbooks. The Chromebook’s function keys can be programmed per the user’s requirement using Google’s Shortcut Manager. People who already know using the android interface get adjusted swiftly to the Chromebook.
7. Chromebooks have a better overall build quality than Macbooks, with a stronger casing that can withstand more wear and tear. This is very important for kids in school as they are not so careful about their belongings.
8. Chromebooks start up faster than Macbooks, so students can get to work right away without waiting for their laptops to boot up. This is a very important factor as no one likes to wait, especially kids.
9. Chromebooks have a better selection of apps than Macbooks, with many apps that are specifically designed for education. This is a very important factor as it helps students to get the most out of their Chromebooks.
10. Chromebooks come with various features that make them ideal for use in the classroom, such as built-in virus protection, easy-to-use management tools, and a variety of apps specifically designed for education. This makes them the perfect choice for schools.
Apart from this, if you want to know about Leveraging Technology, visit our technology category.