A former NFL defensive end and “Da Beard,” Brett Keisel played for the Pittsburgh Steelers of the National Football League (NFL) for 13 seasons. Brett Keisel net worth is around $15 million.
Table of Contents
Early Life and College Career
Keisel was born in Greybull, Wyoming, on September 19, 1979. His father, Randy, was a football coach and teacher at Greybull High School. Not much is publicly known about his mother, Shari.
His sports activities at Greybull High School included football, basketball, and track. After graduating, he attended Brigham Young University (BYU) in Provo, Utah. At BYU, he was a two-time All-Mountain West Conference selection and a two-time honorable mention All-American.
Keisel’s physical appearance
In the National Football League (NFL), Brett Keisel played defensive end for the Pittsburgh Steelers. His height is 6 feet 5 inches and his weight is 285 pounds.
During his playing days, he became known for his distinctive long, bushy beard. On the field, Keisel is known for his strength and agility due to his well-built, athletic physique.
Keisel quickly established himself as a critical member of the Steeler’s defense and was known for his versatility and physicality on the field. In addition to being a two-time Pro Bowl selection, he was also an All-Pro selection. It was he who recorded two sacks in Super Bowl XL in 2005, when the Steelers won the game.
Throughout his career, Keisel was known for his long, bushy beard, which became a signature look for him and a popular trend among Steelers fans. In 2013, he even teamed up with a local barber to launch the “Shear Da Beard” event, where he shaved his famous beard to raise money for cancer research.
Keisel is considered one of the best defensive ends in the history of the Steelers franchise, and his number 99 jersey was officially retired by the team. He played in over 190 games for the Steelers, recorded over 50 sacks, and made over 400 tackles. As a philanthropist and a charitable worker, he stayed active in the Steelers community after retirement.
Off the Field
Keisel is known for his philanthropy, particularly in supporting children’s charities. He has served as an ambassador for the Make-A-Wish Foundation and has also been involved with the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, the UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, and the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
In 2014, Keisel launched his clothing line, “Da Beard Gear,” which features clothing and accessories bearing the “Da Beard” logo. He also wrote a children’s book entitled “Da Beard Kid,” which tells the story of a young boy who grows out his beard and learns to be confident and proud of who he is.
Brett Keisel Net worth
Brett Keisel is a former professional football player who has amassed a significant amount of wealth during his successful career in the NFL. As of 2021, his estimated net worth is around $15 million.
Keisel played as a defensive end for the Pittsburgh Steelers for 13 seasons, during which he made two Pro Bowls appearances and won two Super Bowls with the team. He was known for his imposing physical presence on the field and his long, bushy beard.
In addition to his salary and bonuses earned as a professional football player, Keisel has also made money through various endorsement deals and business ventures. He has endorsed several popular brands, including Nike, Reebok, and Old Spice, and has also been featured in several commercials and advertisements.
Personal life of Keisel
Brett Keisel is married to Sarah Keisel. While Brett was playing college football at Brigham Young University, the couple met. They tied the knot in 2001 and have been together ever since. There are two children in the couple, a son and a daughter.
Keisel’s strong family values and devotion to his wife and children have distinguished him throughout his career. He has been vocal about balancing his professional life with his personal life and has credited his family with providing him with the support and motivation he needed to succeed on the field.
Brett and Sarah are actively involved in philanthropic work. They founded the Brett Keisel Family Foundation, which focuses on helping children with medical conditions and their families. The foundation has helped support multiple organizations and needy families, including the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh and the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
The couple has been known for keeping their personal life private, but it’s clear that they have a strong bond and a deep commitment to each other and their family. There is no doubt that they are a role model for many other athletes.
Retirement of Keisel
Keisel announced his retirement from the NFL in 2015 after spending his entire career with the Steelers.
He had played in the NFL for 13 seasons, during which he made two Pro Bowls appearances and won two Super Bowls with the Steelers.
Keisel had a successful career with the Steelers, amassing over 460 tackles and 40 sacks during his tenure with the team.
After retirement, Keisel has remained involved with the Steelers organization, making appearances at various events and helping to promote the team. He also started a clothing line based on his famous beard called “Da Beard Gear.”
This is all about Brett Keisel net worth, early life and more facts. Brett Keisel was a talented and physical defensive end for the Pittsburgh Steelers. He was known for his distinctive beard and philanthropy, particularly in supporting children’s charities. He retired from the NFL after the 2014 season and has since built a successful career as a businessman and philanthropist.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- What is Brett Keisel’s background? In the National Football League (NFL), Brett Keisel played 14 seasons as a defensive end for the Pittsburgh Steelers. In the seventh round of the 2002 NFL Draft, he was drafted by the Steelers out of Brigham Young University.
- What are some of Brett Keisel’s career highlights? During his 14-year career with the Steelers, Keisel was a two-time Pro Bowler and was part of the team that won Super Bowl XL. He also holds the Steelers’ franchise record for most sacks by a defensive lineman, with 40.5.
- How did Brett Keisel get his nickname “Da Beard”? Brett Keisel’s distinctive beard became his trademark, earning him the nickname “Da Beard.” He started growing it in 2007, quickly becoming a part of his image and identity. Da Beard merchandise, including T-shirts and hoodies, was even launched.
- What is Brett Keisel’s involvement with charity work? Brett Keisel is known for his philanthropy work. He and his wife started the “Da Beard Gear” foundation, a non-profit organization that helps children in need. He also created the “Da Beard” bus tour, where he visited various communities, schools, and hospitals to raise awareness and support for charitable causes.
- What has Brett Keisel been doing since retiring from the NFL? Since retiring from the NFL in 2015, Brett Keisel has remained involved in the game as a commentator and analyst. He has also continued his philanthropic efforts through the Brett Keisel Alliance for Children, which supports children and families in need in his hometown of Greybull, Wyoming. He also has been involved in Real Estate and other business ventures.