Sometimes, we can’t afford or can’t find the time to head on down to the local spa. That’s why it’s important to know how to keep that same relaxing feeling at home. Here are ten easy tips that will help you, your family, and even your pets unwind after a hard day.
Here are 12 ways to bring the relaxed and pampered feel of a spa home for you and your family:
1. Essential oil diffusers are the first step to bringing your home’s scent into a more relaxing one. These handy little appliances release stress-relieving scents like lavender and eucalyptus, resulting in an environment that will induce deep relaxation. When you feel anxious or tense, take several minutes to focus on the fresh smell and how it helps you mentally.
2. Sit in a sauna after a long day at the office, or grab a warm shower before bedtime. Heat therapy is known as far back as ancient Egypt for its health benefits, including stress relief. Heat has significant effects on the body, both physically and mentally.
3. It’s time to put away your cell phones, tablets, laptops, and other hand-held devices that are harmful to disconnecting from daily stressors for everyone in the family to get outside. Those who head out into nature experience greater well-being than those who do not.
4. Use scented candles to take your relaxation up a notch. Perfect for lighting when you are winding down at the end of the day or want something to do while meditating, candles can even help reduce anxiety and depression symptoms, according to The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. Place them in several places around the house so you can enjoy the relaxing aura wherever you are.
Take a relaxing massage chair home or massage lotion. Although pricey, massage chairs are the perfect way to bring the spa experience into your own home. They function as easy-to-use chairs that massage an individual’s back and feet within minutes. Massage chairs typically roll two kneading balls up and down the spine, while on top of the chair, your feet can be massaged with a rolling pin. Massage chairs are also now available for pets.
5. Try a bath with Epsom salts to soak away stress from your day. A warm, soothing bath will help your body and mind relax without leaving you feeling completely drained afterward, just as a spa would! For even more relaxation, throw some lavender or sweet almond
6. Stay warm and cozy with infrared technology by heating those chilly winter nights or cool summer evenings. Infrared helps you relax as it imitates your body’s natural warmth to provide increased blood flow and an overall sense of well-being.
7. Let your pets play around in the living room with some furry friends, like a cat or dog. Pets provide an extra boost of happiness that can help you beat stress both physically and mentally, therefore letting you relax easier.
8. Listen to music as loud as you want to without having to worry about bothering your neighbors or others around you. Music has been proven to reduce stress levels, particularly upbeat music like pop and dance music.
9. Breathe in the freshness of essential oils; they can help ease your mind into focusing on relaxing thoughts instead of worrying about the day’s stressful events. Cut up some warm vanilla beans to drop
10. Take a hot steamy shower so you can rinse off the day’s worries and stress. It may help to listen to some relaxing music while you take your shower or bath if you like. Make your bathroom into a place that is only for you and no one else to be able to enjoy the candles, heated towel racks, and other personal touches.
11. Have a bubble bath at night after everyone goes to bed; it will be fun and relaxing. You can even add some lavender and other calming scents to the tub. Bubbles are a great way for kids and adults to have fun as well as relax with their favorite loved ones.
12. Take some time off from the stresses of work or school by going online to play those games you have been putting off for a while. You can browse through different free and paid games online to find one that you like.
All of these tips are great to use when you are looking for that bit of extra relaxation in your life. You can pick the ones that work best for you and your family, whether it’s just getting out into nature or relaxing in a bubble bath while listening to some music. Just remember, no matter how stressed out you get, find ways to relax, and you can take steps to do so.