Last Updated on August 17, 2023 by asifa
The face of agriculture has, without a doubt, changed over the years. There are so many new techniques and technologies that you can use to make it as sustainable and eco-friendly as possible. The crucial step now is to introduce these techniques into the farming practices of the various types of crops – one of which is Kratom.
Kratom belongs to the same family of crops and stimulants as coffee – only it is more beneficial and effective. It is also being grown on a vast scale owing to its increasing popularity and the expanding market of kratom-based products like green maeng da, yellow kratom, white borneo etc. It is essential to ensure that Kratom is grown through eco-farming methods because of its significant impact on the soil and environment.
You’ve come to the right place if you are interested in learning about the link between eco-farming and Kratom. Let’s look at what eco-farming is and how Kratom meets its principles.
Table of Contents
Eco-farming is a relatively new development and seeks to answer the questions and solve the problems raised by the damaged agricultural model that has been in place for decades. This model of agriculture is a balanced combination of modern science and traditional values of respect for nature – it also places farmers and the people who consume these crops in high regard.
Eco-farming helps farmers produce the highest quality of crops without having to infect the environment with pesticides and insecticides, or any other chemicals. Have you ever heard of any different model of agriculture more sustainable and environment-friendly than this? Probably not. Eco-farming is the torch-bearer of changing agriculture and the direction that we need to head in if we want to fulfill our needs while ensuring the environment doesn’t take the burnt for it.
It might sound easy in theory, but the idea of eco-farming can prove to be tricky in practice. To ensure as much clarity as possible, eco-farming is often defined in terms of the seven principles that reflect on its foundational ideology. Let’s look at these seven principles; they play a central role in exploring the link between eco-farming and Kratom.
Concepts are easy to define, practice is hard to establish – this is the case with eco-farming. It is a new and revolutionary concept that needs to be defined in set terms for people to get a clear grasp of it; there’s just so much to it. To better understand the foundational basis of eco-farming, take a look at these seven principles:
- CROP SOVEREIGNTY: The principle of crop sovereignty claims states that people should be responsible for producing and processing crops, not corporations – corporations run on profits, people on compassion.
- RURAL LIVING: Eco-farming has the vision of uplifting rural areas and bringing people up the poverty line, which makes it more fulfilling than most other farming methods.
- QUALITY AGRICULTURE: Sustainable farming isn’t just about producing crops on a large scale and environment-friendly manner; it is also about growing high-quality crops. It is about using environment-friendly farming techniques.
- BIODIVERSITY: It is essential to plant diverse crops; producing the same crop on a vast scale can deprive the soil of specific nutrients; mixing up the crops based on nutritional demands can keep the soil nourished.
- SUSTAINABLE SOIL: Central to eco-farming is soil health and soil sustainability, which results from using natural fertilizers and the avoidance of chemical-based pesticides and insecticides.
- PEST CONTROL: Farmers and cultivators can control damage caused by pests and weeds without harming the soil.
- FOOD RESILIENCE: Resilient crops will help improve the natural resources available in the vicinity of the soil, resulting in high production and high quality.
Now that we understand the seven principles of eco-farming, let’s look at how Kratom fits the criteria.
According to an article by Oasis Kratom, eco-farming is the way to the future. It is powerful and allows people responsible for the crop – Kratom, in this case – to control how ethically and sustainably it is produced.
Here is how Kratom fits the seven principles of eco-farming:
- KRATOM AND CROP SOVEREIGNTY: Kratom is a tropical evergreen tree grown in the hot and humid Southeast Asian regions. It grows in the wild forests and is looked after by farmers and consumers who live in the area. Local farmers produce it; big corporations have no monopoly over kratom farming. Respect for nature runs high in these cultures, and farmers have figured out sustainable agricultural practices not to harm the environment and produce as many crops as possible.
- KRATOM UPLIFTS RURAL LIVELIHOOD: The rugged appearance of Kratom in rural areas and cultivation on the surrounding land brings in plenty of employment and trade opportunities for people residing in the area. That helps uplift the rural livelihood and bring people up the poverty line.
- KRATOM AND QUALITY AGRICULTURE: Farmers plant Kratom and nurture it using various sustainable farming techniques. Kratom endorses quality agriculture and is a high-quality crop when looked after. It is not related to cleaning forest land and destroying vegetation to grow crops; it also does not require copious amounts of water.
- KRATOM PROMOTES BIODIVERSITY: Kratom does not deprive the soil of any nutrients. Instead, it is in a transactional relationship with the ground. Planting and sustaining kratom crops is beneficial for biodiversity.
- KRATOM KEEPS SOIL SUSTAINABLE: Southeast Asian rainforests are abundant in nutrients and get just enough rainfall; they do not require additional chemical-based fertilizers and pesticides.
- KRATOM FOR PEST CONTROL: Kratom is a natural pest-control agent. Not only do sustainable activities make the soil free from pests and weeds, but Kratom itself has properties that don’t allow them to grow and prosper.
- KRATOM FOR CROP RESILIENCE: Kratom is very crop resilient; it can be grown and harvested year-round if you care for it properly. It won’t damage the soil and allow for high production rates.
Kratom is an eco-friendly crop and can benefit the environment as it benefits us.
Eco-friendly farming and growing more eco-friendly crops are essential to keeping the environment safe. Best white kratom strain is a crucial part of this movement and a front-runner in crops grown using more eco-friendly techniques.