Last Updated on March 6, 2023 by ahmadaftab
Bridging loans can be a great option when you’re looking to buy a property. They can help you get over the financial bump. These short-term loans bridge the gap between purchasing your new home and selling your old one. In addition, a bridging loan can benefit buyers using Peer to Peer lending platforms to get their loans. These platforms provide borrowers and lenders with an easy way to connect. So they can benefit from these valuable loans. Keep reading to learn more.
You can borrow a cheap bridging loan when you want to buy a new property without selling your present one. That can be either for personal or commercial purposes. You can borrow this loan not only to buy property but also to serve the following purposes:
- To extend the property’s lease,
- Refurbishing it, or
- Making an initial payment at a home auction.
1. There are Two Types Of Bridging Loans
They are two types of bridging loans. They are called: open and closed bridging loans.
Open bridging loan: Assuming you need to purchase a new home right away but don’t know when you’ll be able to sell your current home, an open bridging loan is a good option.
Closed bridging loan: Unlike an open bridging loan, secured bridging finance can be used when you need additional funds to purchase a new property after selling your old one.
2. The Worth Of Collateral Determines the Loan Amount
The worth of the collateral you provide determines the loan amount you can take out. The maximum amount you can borrow differs from one primary lender to the next. You can give these types of properties as a security against the bridging loan:
- A commercial property,
- Retail shops,
- Development sites,
- Auction properties,
- Semi-commercial property,
- Residential properties, or
- Buy to let properties.
When applying for a bridging loan, remember that it is a short-term loan with a limited repayment period. Comparatively, it also has a bit higher interest rate because it is a short-period loan.
But, there are numerous lenders from whom you can obtain a low-cost bridging loan with low-interest rates. Thus before you borrow something, it’s always a good idea to research the lenders and their interest rates.
You must also pay a set amount all at once. As a result, you should ensure that you have the appropriate amount on hand. If you do not pay back loans within the agreed-upon time frame, you risk losing the collateral you put up when you took out the loan.
3. Borrowers with Below-average Credit Scores are in Luck
Many lenders also lend loans to persons with not-so-good credit histories. These borrowers may pay a slightly higher interest rate. Borrowing a quick bridging loan and repaying it on time will help you improve your low credit score. These secured loans require you to deposit collateral with the lender while borrowing it. The lender releases it after debt repayment. You can use your previous property as collateral.
4. Say Goodbye to Property-related Financial Crunch
Thus, a bridging loan is the most acceptable option for you to take if you are in a property-related financial crunch. After you provide all of the necessary documentation while applying for bridging finance, you will receive it quickly. Moreover, you can get it from one of the leading P2P lending platforms near you.
Bridging finance platforms provide loans ranging from £25,000 to £5,000,000. Lenders often authorize loans up to 65 percent of the worth of the property they use as collateral for the loan. You can, however, secure a loan for a more considerable sum.
Read More: Personal Loans without Collateral Security – All You Need to Know
5. A Bridging Loan is a Short Term Loan
Bridging finance consists of short-term loans with a flexible repayment schedule. They are for a brief time, ranging from two weeks to twelve months. That means during the loan period, the borrower is only obliged to pay interest. They can utilize the earnings from the property sale to repay the principal later.
The bridging loans may come with slightly higher interest rates. So, previous solid relationships with lenders can benefit you with a quick and favorable loan transaction. Remember that you should only take out a bridging loan if you are sure you will be able to repay it within six months.
6. The P2P Lending Platforms do a Thorough Investigation
Although the Peer to Peer lending platform secures the loan by collateral, the lender will conduct a detailed investigation. That will include analyzing the borrower’s credit history to reduce the lending risk.
You can obtain bridging finance from various P2P lending platforms in the financial industry. But check for reputable commercial lenders who can provide you with a suitable loan at competitive rates and terms. You can also look for Peer to Peer lending websites on the web.
Visit numerous websites, fill out a brief web application form that is reachable on various lending websites, and that’s all. Now, the lenders will search for the loan choice according to your requirements. First, collect loan quotations from various lenders willing to provide them cheaply. Then, compare them to find the most suitable bridging loan.
Bridging finance might help you realize your vision of owning a home or purchasing a new workspace for your business. The finance market is vast, with a large number of lenders. So look for the most excellent bridge loan solution to fulfill your needs.
A Quick Overview
Bridging loans are a popular form of short-term financing used by individuals and businesses to secure immediate funds. However, there are some things about bridging loans that only experts will tell you. In this article, we will explore six such things.
- Bridging Loans are High-Risk: Bridging loans are considered high-risk loans due to their short-term nature and high-interest rates. They are typically secured against the borrower’s property, and failure to repay the loan can result in the borrower losing their property.
- Interest Rates Vary Widely: Bridging loan interest rates can vary widely depending on the lender, the loan amount, and the borrower’s creditworthiness. It’s essential to compare rates from different lenders to ensure you get the best deal.
- Fees can be High: In addition to interest rates, bridging loans also come with high fees, such as arrangement fees, valuation fees, and legal fees. These fees can add up quickly, so it’s essential to factor them into the overall cost of the loan.
- Quick Approval Time: One of the main benefits of a bridging loan is the quick approval time. The loan can typically be approved within days, making it an excellent option for those needing immediate funds.
- Exit Strategy is Critical: Before taking out a bridging loan, it’s crucial to have a solid exit strategy in place. This strategy should detail how you plan to repay the loan, whether it’s through the sale of property or traditional financing.
- Use Bridging Loans Wisely: Bridging loans should be used wisely and only for short-term financial needs. They are not a long-term solution and should not be used to fund ongoing expenses.
The Outcome of the Post
So, a bridging loan might be the perfect option if you’re considering buying a new home but don’t want to wait until your old one sells. But keep in mind that these loans do come with some added risk, so it’s essential to do your research and partner with a reputable lender. And if you’re looking for even more financing options, Peer to Peer lending platforms like Kuflink can be great. You can get additional cash without having to go through a traditional bank.
You might be looking for a bridging loan to buy a new property before selling your old one, so don’t worry. That’s because you can find many lenders who will happily offer you a cheap bridging loan. Just make sure you compare the interest rates and other terms and conditions from different lenders to ensure you get the best deal possible. Assuming you need help navigating the world of bridging loans, feel free to contact a leading Peer to Peer lending website. They would happily answer any questions and help you find the perfect lending solution for your needs. Thanks for reading!