Last Updated on November 21, 2022 by Tabraiz
If you’re thinking about opening a restaurant, you need to know about commercial plumbing. This type of plumbing is different from residential plumbing. And there are some important things you need to know. Here’s what you need to know about restaurant plumbing:
- Commercial plumbing is more expensive than residential plumbing. This is because the fixtures and pipes are larger and more complex. The good news is that you can get a discount on your plumbing if you use a licensed contractor.
- You need to have a grease trap installed. Grease traps collect grease and oil from cooking, and they need to be emptied regularly. If you don’t have a grease trap, your drains will get clogged and your restaurant will start to smell.
- You need to have a backflow preventer installed. This device keeps contaminated water from flowing back into your restaurant’s clean water supply. Without a backflow preventer, you could make your customers sick.
- Your restaurant needs to have an emergency shut-off valve. This valve is used in case of a plumbing emergency, and it will shut off the water to your restaurant. It’s a good idea to have this valve installed near the water heater so that you can quickly shut off the water if there’s a problem.
- You need to have your restaurant’s plumbing inspected regularly. This is especially important if you use a lot of chemicals in your kitchen. A licensed contractor can check for leaks and make sure that your pipes are in good condition.
- You should have a professional clean your restaurant’s drains every six months. This will help to prevent clogs and keep your drains flowing freely.
- You need to be careful about what you flush down your toilets. Only flush toilet paper and human waste down the toilet. Don’t flush anything else, because it could clog your pipes.
- You need to be careful about what you put down your garbage disposal. Don’t put anything down the disposal that could damage the blades, such as chicken bones or fruit peels. This could cause the disposal to break, and you’ll have to pay for repairs.
- You need to have a plan for dealing with grease fires. Grease fires can be very dangerous, so you need to have a fire extinguisher handy and know how to use it. This is especially important if you have a deep fryer in your kitchen.
- You should always contact a licensed plumbing contractor in Murray when you have any questions about your restaurant’s plumbing. A good contractor will be able to help you with any problems that you’re having and will be able to recommend the best course of action for your particular situation.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your restaurant’s plumbing is safe and up to code. If you have any questions about restaurant plumbing, or if you need a licensed contractor to install your plumbing, contact a local plumbing contractor today.
Read More: How to Rank Restaurants on Google