Table of Contents
How Long Might You Need the Unit?
Most of the time, when you are moving, you will find you have things you’d rather not have. You may not want to throw away some but still not have enough space in the new location. This is where you may want to look for storage units for some of those items. At times, some of the things you will be looking to keep in the storage space are still valuable but not for daily use. For example, you can have your surfing boards and other items locked up in storage spaces. Before getting one, you need to look at if you need it temporarily or for the long term.
The first thing you need to look at when you’re in the market for storage units is how long you may be looking at using them. When you are looking for a long-term unit, there are several things you need to look at.
Some of the things you want to look at include:
- Size – depending on what you’ll be storing, you need to look at the size they are offering first. This is regardless of how long you will need the facility for.
- In-person surveillance – if you are going to go for long-term storage, you want to ensure there’s sufficient surveillance; you want all you have to be secure and monitored all the time.
- Video monitoring – as part of the security features, you also need to ensure that the facility has video surveillance.
- Several locks – security is a huge feature in storage facilities. The number of longs, digital or analog, should count when choosing the right for your specific needs.
- Pricing – how much will it cost you to get the unit for long-term use vs. temporarily. It can be the determining factor of what you need from the facility.
It would be best to look at the pricing before you settle for any storage facility. Some of the first things you need to look at are the contracts and billing. After you have checked out the facility and found it to your needs, take a close look at the paperwork.
When you are moving, for example, and the movers offer storage services, you can discount the prices. But you need to ensure you lock in the prices. Even when looking at a different facility, you need to lock in the price. When you don’t lock in the price initially, the billings may change according to the contract you signed. It can be frustrating when billing changes when looking for long-term service. Ensure you know how much you’ll pay for the whole process regardless of how long you’ll rent. Also, you can prefer Storage Units for rent for your business or for other purposes that make your work easier.
When you have extra stuff, you need to get a self-storage, temporary or long-term. It needs to meet your specific needs, though, before you settle. These are some of the other things you also need to look at before you settle for any storage facility.