Choosing a company name is a very responsible process, which the Turbologo name generator will help you with. A good company name will help you stand out from the competition and earn the attention of customers. If you choose an unsuccessful name, it will be difficult to succeed in your business. The opportunity to enter foreign markets will turn into a failure if you do not pay attention to the peculiarities of translation and mentality.
There are several effective ways to select a competent and current company name that will facilitate an important task when creating a business.
- 1. The name of the founder of the company is a fairly common way. To do this, you need to use the name or surname of the creator or select a commonly abbreviated version.
Examples: Nestle, Johnson&Johnson, Chanel.
- 2. The name of the rhythmic repetition of two rhymes is much easier to remember, because they have a special sound.
Examples: Coca-Cola, M&M’s, KitKat, Chupa-Chups.
- 3. The method of combining words will help to form a name by combining two words. The name of the famous brand was obtained in this way. The founder of Adidas was called Adolf Dassler, and in the circle of friends and acquaintances he was called Adi.
Examples: Adidas, Blackberry, and Facebook.
- 4. You can try to create one name from several parts of words. Cut out one or two syllables, and put them together in the most successful readable version. Look at the successful example of Konica (the merger of the word Konishuroku – a brand of cameras and the word camera).
Examples: Intel, Lego, Konica.
- 5. Using an abbreviation, you can create a unique name for your business. Describe your company and its purpose in a few words (4-5 words), and connect their first letters together. It is important that the vowel letters are located successfully and are easy to read.
Examples: BMW (“Bayerische Motoren Werke”), IKEA (“Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunnaryd”) – the presence of the name and surname of the creator, the name of the farm and the city where he grew up.
- 6. Using words in the name that sound like the properties and qualities of the product is a funny but effective way.
Twitter – the name conveys the sounds of birdsong, Schweppes – fizzy carbonated drink, Yahoo! – violent display of feelings.
- 7. One of the ways to come up with an interesting name for a brand is to choose a name consisting of a word that is unknown to the audience. The buyer will be able to find out about the secret meaning if he finds a translation or an official transcript.
Examples: Nivea – “snow–white” in Latin, Daewoo – “big Universe” in Korean, Mazda – part of the name of the supreme Zoroastrian god Ahura Mazda, which is consonant with the surname of the founder.
- 8. It is not necessary that the company name is directly associated with its work. You can take a word and form a brand from it. Sometimes it’s enough just to look at what surrounds us. Sources of inspiration can be fruits, nature, books, and animals.
Examples: Adobe (the name of the river that flowed behind the house of the founder of the company), Apple, and Fujifilm (named after Mount Fujiyama).
- 9. Using your child’s name or pseudonym may seem a strange option. One has only to try, and perhaps you will be able to create a memorable name.
Examples: Mercedes (the name of the daughter of one of the founders), and Danone (the nickname of the founder’s son).
- 10. You can create a creative name for your company using the Turbologo name generator. The whole process will require a minimum of time and effort. The selected options will meet the main criteria of a successful name: uniqueness, memorability, and conciseness.
A good name will take care of your client — it’s easy to read, pronounce, and nice to hear. It should evoke the right associations that are not misleading. The name of the company will play a huge role in the success of communication with the target audience, and may even become the basis of your competitive advantage.