Who is Wukong Aram?
Wukong Aram is a melee fighter champion mostly played as jungler and top laner in Summoner’s Rift. He has high potential damage output (accurate damage scaling, like Tryndamere) but lacks CC (crowd control effects).
Wukong Aram’s abilities
His abilities are:
- Wukong’s passive skill allows him to critically strike % bonus physical damage on his next basic attack every few seconds. He also permanently gains bonus armour and magic resistance every time. He kills an enemy minion or neutral monster (which makes it the best passive for the jungle).
- His Q ability deals with the area of effect damage around him. It creates additional smaller spheres which deal initial damage when they collide with enemy units; spheres will also slow surrounding enemies movement speed by 35% for 1.5 seconds. Spheres last for 8 seconds after they were created, but the damage is decreased over time by 3% per second (up to 50%).
- Wukong’s ultimate ability creates an uncontrollable decoy at the target location, which attacks nearby enemy units. Wukong Aram may control the clone by activating its ability again. When this skill is used to teleport onto terrain or structures, the range will be doubled.
Wukong Aram abilities: Effect on enemy
This ability allows Wukong to create a Decoy of himself which can attack enemies and applies other on-hit effects. The clone’s attack damages all enemy units in an area around it. Its attacks slow enemies movement speed by 20% for 2 seconds (this effect does not stack). Each subsequent hit within 1.5 seconds will deal 10% bonus damage (capped at 100%), up to 80%. Clones will mimic each of Wukong’s basic abilities. It means that his clone can also critically strike % bonus damage if Wukong has learnt that skill.
This ability deals damage to enemies in an area around him and slows their movement speed. It also allows dashing toward enemy champions within range. If this skill hits an enemy champion, it will reduce all of Wukong’s cooldowns by half. Wukong performs a magical spinning attack at the target location, damaging nearby enemy units. This ability also creates a field at the target location for 4 seconds, increasing all allied movement speed by 20%.
Read more: A Complete Guide To Galio ARAM Build
Build guide to play Wukong in ARAM
The best way to build Wukong in ARAM is pretty much AP tanky DPS mage items with some defensive stats. This way, you have enough tackiness not to die instantly in team fights while also being able to do decent damage and cast your abilities fast.
- Start with Hunter’s Talisman for extra damage. Combined with Warrior jungle enchantment, it gives the best early game damage to Wukong.
- You should upgrade your boots first or second back (depending on if you died or not). This way, you don’t only have faster MS but also better swindles. If possible, try to get Mercury Treads before your other boots. They are good against all CC, especially since Wukong has none of his own during laning phase and team fights.
- After boots upgrade your red pot, something with life steal would be optimal, especially against healing matchups like Ryze or Vladimir, which are very common in ARAM. Upgrade it immediately to the second tier for better sustain during laning.
- If the game isn’t over yet, upgrade your red pot into The Bloodthirster (although you should upgrade it at level 9 for that extra health). It will give significant damage, some life steal for sustain, but most importantly, a lot of ads. If you were going for a glass cannon build, this item gives significant damage at this point of the game.
More Info about Wukong Aram
- Remember that getting all damage won’t make you do any good in ARAM. It would be best if you had defence/toughness as well. The best way is to mix both. You can even go with just tank items if the situation isn’t that dangerous. This build will help you keep your damage while also being able to survive through laning phase.
- Going full tank will not only leave you any threat for the enemy team. If your leaves, your damage is pretty much non-existent until late game, which means you probably won’t be able to kill anyone without some serious damage output.
- And remember, when buying defence stats. Always try having some offence ones as well, so your enemies are pressured to attack you even if they know you’re going to melt like ice in the sun.
- Burst damage is always good for ARAM, so don’t be afraid to go with Zeke’s Herald or Lord Dominik’s Regards if your opponents are stacking a lot of HP.
- In team fights, try to use your ult only after you’ve done considerable damage with your E + Q combo. You can even go as far as using W before that to have a great chance at killing someone because of the extra 100% damage that is applied. Once your ultimate is down, switchback, focusing on whatever target you want and help out your team with some AoE attacks and pokes.