When you’re looking to create an awesome style to express yourself in, it’s common to look at classic looks of the past. Some of these older trends are so good they never go out of style and are recreated decades later. Creating a wardrobe around these classic styles may be the best way to style. If you’re ready to ditch the trends for the classics, here are five classics that never go out of style.
Table of Contents
1. Bohemian Vibes Aesthetic
When you want to dress up but feel like you’re dressing down, there’s nothing better than an outfit that screams boho vibes. Whether you choose to wear a long cardigan, layers of undershirts, or an ankle-length skirt, anyway that you can add oversized chic clothing that creates the boho vibes you need for this classic style vintage look.
You can pair your tops with flared jeans, crunchy granola shoes like open-toed sandals, rain boots, or another weather-resistant pair of shoes like women’s flats. Flower power is here to stay, so get this classic look that never gets old.
2. Go-to Jeans And A Tee-shirt
There’s just something about the combination of this classic style. Pairing jeans and a tee shirt together gives off the general vibe that you’re calm and collected, and you’re not trying so hard to look like it. Not only do you achieve a cool aesthetic, but you also wear durable clothes that are meant to last.
You can complete any outfit for casual wear with jeans and a tee shirt using simple accessories. For spring, summer, fall, and even winter looks, the go-to style of a pair of jeans and a tee shirt is incredibly versatile.
3. Oversize Sweaters And Leggings
The fashion of the 80s gave way to creativity and styles that have remained classics staple for casual wardrobes. Whether you’re off to the gym or going to dinner, these classic, cozy looks are perfect to feel put together while remaining as comfortable as possible. Grab your favorite pair of leggings, your oversized sweater or graphic hoodie, and your chunky jewelry to pull your look together.
4. Less Is More
Business casual outfits never go out of style and are the perfect blended look for a family gathering or a night in. Wear black pants and a simple white blouse to create a slightly formal, classy look. You can even accessorize with minimalist jewelry to add a little sparkle.
To make these outfits on the casual side, choose linen fabrics. For a more traditional approach, use nylon and other less breathable fabrics for more formal looks with clean, pressed lines. Depending on the day, pair these looks with black combat boots, heels, or even your high-top Converse. Don’t be shy. Add in your personality with some accessorizing whenever you can.
5. A Grunge Aesthetic
Feel free to play up the dark tones on your eyeliner and eyeshadow to add to your classic grungy aesthetic whenever you can. Playing up the classic grunge concept takes the best of the 90s (think flannels and dyed hair) and mixes it with modern staples (think leggings and fishnet tights).
Play with neutral tones, like black, gray, and brown, to create moody, and broody looks to last you through the fall and winter. These classic styles and expressions of personality through fashion will outlast the test of time.
Fashion trends may come and go, but certain styles have stood the test of time. Here are 5 classic styles that never go out of style:
- The Little Black Dress (LBD) – First introduced by Coco Chanel in the 1920s, the LBD has become a timeless wardrobe staple. It’s versatile, elegant, and perfect for any occasion.
- White Button-Down Shirt – This timeless classic is a must-have in every wardrobe. It’s clean, crisp, and effortlessly stylish. Whether you pair it with jeans or a skirt, a white button-down shirt will never go out of style.
- Denim – From jeans to jackets, denim has been a classic style for decades. It’s durable, comfortable, and can be dressed up or down. Denim is a versatile fabric that can be worn in various ways.
- Trench Coat – Originally designed as a military garment, the trench coat has become a classic wardrobe staple. It’s a great option for rainy days and adds a touch of sophistication to any outfit.
- Ballet Flats – Comfortable and stylish, ballet flats are a classic shoe style that never goes out of fashion. They’re versatile enough to wear with jeans, skirts, and dresses and can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion.
The Bottom Line
Some styles stay classic forever. Consider the five styles above as you work to create classic looks that you can depend on all year long. Remember to consider your personality and lifestyle as you create new looks to maximize your fashion to suit and apply to your day-to-day life.