The food safety and standard authority of India (FSSAI) is the regulatory body established to regulate the manufacturing, distribution, storage, import and sales of food items into India. As per the FSS Act, 2006. Every business or entity, including petty retailers, hawkers, itinerant vendors, small scale, or a temporary stallholder, or tiny or cottage food business operator, must have and regulate a valid FSSAI license for operating any food business. Therefore, every company that deals in food items as storage provide, manufacturing, transporter, marketer, distributors, etc., are mandatorily have an FSSAI license Delhi or another state.
Conditions applied for all the restaurants, food stalls and hotel
Proprietors of hotels, food stalls, and restaurants who sell or expose for sale sweets, savories, or any other food article put up a notice board having separate lists of the items that have been cooked in ghee, vanaspati, edible oil, and other fats for the general information of the intending purchasers.
Conditions applicable for every FSSAI license holder
- Giving necessary access to licensing administration or their authorized personnel to the premises
- Showcase the actual copy of the license granted in Form C shall at all the time at a prominent place in the premises
- Inform administration regarding the modification or changes in activities, if any
- Hire at least one technician to supervise everyone in the production process. The supervisor will take care of the production process and could possess at least a degree in science with chemistry, food and nutrition, biochemistry, microbiology, veterinary science, catering technology, hotel management, oil technology, or any degree or diploma in any other discipline related to the specifications of the business from a recognized university or institute.
- Make sure that no product other than the product indicated in the license is produced in the manufacturing unit.
- Fill the income tax return periodically every year from 1 April to 31 March, within 31 May of every year.
- For handling/manufacturing/collecting of milk and milk products, a half-yearly return is also to be furnished as mentioned.
- Maintain the daily record of production, sales, raw material utilization separately.
- Maintain factory’s hygiene and sanitary standards and workers’ hygiene as mentioned in the schedule mentioned in FSSAI rules.
- Food business owners should not manufacture, expose or store for permit or sale of the article of food in any premises not effectively separated to the satisfaction of the registration/licensing authority from any urine, privy, drain, sullage, or place of storage of waste and foul matter.
- Ensure that the source of the raw material is of optimum quality.
- Ensure testing of relevant chemicals in food items in accordance with the rules as frequent as mentioned based on historical data and risk assessment to ensure production and delivery of safe food through NABL accredited or own labs at least twice a yearly
- Ensure the clean in place system for regular cleaning of equipment and machine.
- The distributor/manufacturer/importer should buy and sell the food item only from or to the food export license India vendor.