The coronavirus pandemic situation has restricted our movement and countries have imposed travel bans for safety purposes. The newlyweds have faced the disappointment that they can not travel to the desired destination for their honeymoon. However, following the guidelines and health advisory, in-country movement with proper precautions is allowed. In the same line, couples have shifted their choice from international to Indian destinations for their honeymoon. There are many untouched and unexplored places in India that can be your pick for a honeymoon purpose. Indian destinations also offer equally the same level of fun and adventure and make your romantic getaway memorable. This article talks about the top 5 safe honeymoon places to visit in India for a great experience.
This honeymoon destination lies in the north-eastern part of India and is the capital city of the mountainous state of Sikkim. Cloud-kissed hills surrounding both of you could be a true delight on a vacation. Home to a number of serene monasteries, Gangtok is also referred to as the land of monasteries. Gangtok honeymoon packages could include the following places to experience the city to its fullest.
- Tiger Hill: best sunset point in Gangtok
- Khangchendzonga National Park: highly recommended to nature lovers
- Mirik: A picturesque hamlet in Gangtok
- Batasia Loop: a one of its kind railway track
That is not all, the tea gardens of Gangtok are world-famous, where you can take romantic strolls with your partner.
Best time to visit Gangtok, Sikkim: September to June
There are many places to visit in the Indian state of Kerala but the famous town Munnar in the Idukki district is best for honeymoon. Munnar is a hill station situated in the Western Ghats mountain ranges. Dense forests, exotic wildlife, sprawling valleys and mountains make Munnar a perfect romantic getaway. If you are visiting Munnar then you should not miss the following places for a great experience.
- Eravikulam National Park: lush green setting and wild goats are major attractions here.
- Mattupetty Dam: best for sightseeing
- Tea Museum: take a stroll here with your partner
- Anamudi: apt for trekking and hiking activities
- Attukad Waterfalls: best for birdwatching & sightseeing
Best time to visit Munnar, Kerala: December to February
A hill station from northern India, Ranikhet is situated in Almora district of Uttarakhand. Due to its unique natural setting Ranikhet is called Queen’ Meadows. There are many places in this region offering blissful serenity and natural elegance. These include –
- Jhula Devi Temple: a major spiritual center
- Haidakhan Babaji Temple: a temple with mountain views
- Rani Jheel: best for sightseeing and boating
- Ashiyana Park: a garden where you can take a stroll with your partner
- Bhalu Dam: apt for camping and leisure
Magnificent views of the Himalayas, beautiful meadows and romantic vibes make Ranikhet as one of the best romantic destinations.
Best time to visit Ranikhet, Uttrakhand: March to June
This high-altitude town is situated in the Dhauladhar mountain range and is sometimes called Mini Switzerland. Many colonial-era buildings are still preserved in this town from the 1800s. There are some offbeat places at this place full of flawless natural treasures.
- Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary: best for hiking and trekking
- St. John’s Church: an old church built in 1863
- Dainkund Peak: one of the most admired sightseeing place
- Chamera Dam: perfect for water sports activities
- Khajjiar Lake: destination for birdwatching and sightseeing
Dalhousie has a poetic feel in its surrounding that makes it perfect for a romantic getaway.
Best time to visit Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh: March to October
Andaman & Nicobar are considered one of the most serene pairs of islands in the world. For a unique and adventurous experience, couples can try the capital city of the islands, Port Blair. A range of water sports activities from scuba diving to snorkeling can be enjoyed at this place. Other best places to visit in Port Blair during your tour could be –
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Island: best for sightseeing and camping
- Corbyn Cove Beach: try water sports activities here
- Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park: specially designed to preserve coral reefs
- Viper Island: important from a historical perspective
- Mount Harriet National Park: best wildlife experience in Port Blair
Best time to visit Port Blair, Andaman & Nicobar: October to May