Even though Windows is one of the most popular Operating Systems among users, the users report a lot of issues quite often. One such common issue with Windows that people complain about is the error code ox8024a105. Acer service center dadar themselves say that half of their customers include people who want to get rid of this error code on their laptop. So, what is this error code ox8024a105 anyways? In this article, let’s explore this issue with Windows in detail and also look for its solutions that you can try giving a shot sitting at home.
What is Error Code ox8024a105?
Before we start discussing the ways in which you can get rid of this error code, we need to know what exactly the error code ox8024a105 is. Whenever Microsoft announces a new Windows update, users get all excited to update their Operating Systems and get their hands on the newly added features. Unfortunately, this error code is associated with Updates in the Windows. Let’s see what some of the possible causes of this error are:
- The updates were not installed properly on the system.
- Presence of viruses or any other malicious programme on the machine.
- Corrupted or missing files on the PC.
When this error is caused on your system, you’ll be showd this message:
“There were problems downloading some updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help. This error code might help: (0x8024a105).
We know how annoying and irritating it can be to come across this error message time and again, which is exactly why we are here with some solutions to solve this issue on your laptop.
Check your Internet Connection
One of the most common reasons and also one of the most easiest to solve is a problematic Internet connection. If you are trying to update Windows on your system while you the Internet connection is poor, of course you will have to come face to face with this error code. So in order to avoid the same, you just need to make sure that it is a properly working Internet connection that you have.
Windows Update Troubleshoot
Another thing you can try is running the Windows Update Troubleshoot. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Open Settings on your laptop and search for the Update & Security option.
- Under Update & Security, a whole lot of other options will be displayed, search for Troubleshoot and click on it.
- Once the Troubleshoot tab opens up, look for Windows Update and then click on the “Run the troubleshooter” button.
- The troubleshooting process will begin shortly, and the goods news is that this process doesn’t last for long. What troubleshhoting is really helpful; it finds the problems on your system on your behalf and also lists some ways in which you can fix the issues.
- Once the troubleshhoting process ends, try attempting every solution that the troubleshooter lists down for you and then try updating Windows again.
Read more: Tamworth website design Ideas
Running the DISM tool
If for some reason, the troubleshooter also doesn’t do it for you, the next thing that can try doing is running the DISM tool on your laptop. To use the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM.exe) tool on your laptop, search for cmd and run cmd as administrator. Once the cmd opens up, enter the following command: dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and click Enter.
Repairing the laptop
If none of the above methods work for you, chances are that there are some technical issues with your laptop. To get that fixed, it is best that you visit a service centre and get the issues fixed professionally by experts.