Last Updated on March 12, 2023 by admin
In the National Football League (NFL), Marcedes Lewis plays tight end for the Green Bay Packers. He played college football for the UCLA Bruins while attending the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Lewis joined the Packers in 2018 after playing for the Jaguars for 12 seasons. He was drafted by Jacksonville in the first round of the 2006 NFL Draft. Lets dive in this guide to learn about Marcedes Lewis net worth, early life, career and more interesting facts.
Table of Contents
Early Life and Education
Lewis grew up in Long Beach, California, and attended Long Beach Polytechnic High School. A two-sport athlete in high school, he played both football and basketball. As a senior, he caught 45 passes for 830 yards and 13 touchdowns, earning first-team All-CIF Southern Section and first-team All-Long Beach Press-Telegram honors.
In college, Lewis played football for UCLA after graduating from high school. As a freshman, he played in all 12 games, starting five, and caught 15 passes for 191 yards and two touchdowns. As a sophomore, he played in 11 games, starting nine, and caught 25 passes for 318 yards and four touchdowns.
Marcedes Lewis stands 6 feet 6 inches tall and weighs around 267 pounds. He has a muscular and athletic build, broad shoulders, and a defined chest. He is known for his impressive strength and speed on the field, which has helped him to become one of the top tight ends in the NFL. Lewis has a shaved head and a goatee, giving him a unique appearance.
He is often seen wearing sunglasses on and off the field, which adds to his relaxed and confident demeanor. He is considered one of the best-looking athletes, and fans and the media often admire his physical appearance.
As a junior, Lewis played in all 12 games, starting 11, and caught 35 passes for 542 yards and seven touchdowns. In addition to his first-team honors, he was a finalist for the John Mackey Award. As a senior, he played in all 13 games, starting 12, and caught 39 passes for 482 yards and six touchdowns. For the second straight season, he was named a team captain and earned first-team All-Pac-10 recognition.
Jacksonville Jaguars (2006-2017)
The Jacksonville Jaguars selected Lewis in the first round (28th overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft. The team signed him to a five-year, $35 million contract that includes $17 million in guaranteed money. He made his NFL debut in the team’s season-opening game against the Dallas Cowboys and caught his first career touchdown pass in Week 2 against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
As a rookie, he played in all 16 games, starting 13, and caught 39 passes for 318 yards and two touchdowns. He established himself as the team’s starting tight end in his second season and was selected to the Pro Bowl in 2010. As the team’s all-time leading receiver, receiving yardage, and touchdowns by a tight end, he played for 12 seasons with the team.
Green Bay Packers (2018-Present)
On March 16, 2018, Lewis signed a two-year, $8.5 million contract with the Green Bay Packers. He was signed to provide veteran leadership and a blocking presence for the team’s young tight ends. He played 15 games during his first season, starting 11, and caught 14 passes for 156 yards and a touchdown.
Outside of football, Lewis is actively involved in philanthropy. He is the founder of the Marcedes Lewis Foundation, which aims to provide resources and opportunities to underprivileged children, focusing on education, health, and wellness. He has also been involved in various charitable events throughout his career, including the Jacksonville Jaguars’ annual “Cruisin’ with the Jags” event, which raises money for local charities.
Marcedes Lewis’s Net Worth
The estimated net worth of Marcedes Lewis is $20 million. As a result of his successful NFL career and various endorsement deals and investments, he has accumulated a great deal of wealth. Lewis has been with the Jacksonville Jaguars for most of his career, signing a five-year, $35 million contract extension in 2011. A one-year, $2.1 million contract was also signed with the Green Bay Packers in 2018.
Real Estate Investments
Besides investing in real estate, Marcedes Lewis is also a successful businessman. Over the years, he has invested in several properties, including rental properties and fixer-upper properties. He has been very successful in his real estate investments and uses his experience and knowledge to help other athletes and celebrities invest in real estate. He has been a motivational speaker on the subject and featured in the press, discussing his experiences and insights into the real estate market.
Lessor known facts about Lewis
- Lewis attended Long Beach Polytechnic High School in California, where he was a two-sport athlete, competing in both football and track and field. He was a state champion in the shot put and discus throw.
- Lewis played college football at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), where he set the school record for most receptions and receiving yards by a tight end.
- the Jacksonville Jaguars drafted Lewis in the first round of the 2006 NFL Draft, and he spent the first 12 years of his career with the team. In terms of receptions and receiving yards by a tight end, he holds the franchise record.
- In addition to his career success, Lewis is also a philanthropist. Marcedes Lewis supports at-risk youth in the Jacksonville area through his Marcedes Lewis Foundation.
- Lewis is also an accomplished musician. He plays the guitar, piano, and drums. He released a rap album in 2013 called “M. Lewis.”
- Lewis was also an accomplished basketball player in high school and was offered a scholarship to play at the University of Arizona.
Marcedes Lewis is a talented and accomplished professional American football player. The net worth of Marcedes Lewis is $20 million. A former player of the Green Bay Packers and the Jacksonville Jaguars of the National Football League (NFL). He is a dedicated and hardworking player who has proven to be a valuable asset to any team.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Who is Marcedes Lewis? Marcedes Lewis is a professional American football tight end who is currently a free agent. The Jacksonville Jaguars drafted him in the first round of the 2006 NFL Draft after he played college football at UCLA.
- How many seasons has Marcedes Lewis played in the NFL? The NFL has been home to Marcedes Lewis for 15 years. He spent the first 12 seasons with the Jacksonville Jaguars and then played for the Green Bay Packers and San Francisco 49ers.
- How did Marcedes Lewis perform in college? Marcedes Lewis performed well in college, playing for UCLA. As the top tight end in college football, he was nominated for the John Mackey Award in 2005 as a First-Team All-Pac-10 selection. He also set the UCLA career record for receptions by a tight end with 102.
- What is Marcedes Lewis’ current team? Marcedes Lewis is currently a free agent, and he was last signed by the San Francisco 49ers in 2020.